Finally my mom is back from her really long vacation, it was getting really tough managing life with Blaze and also studying and work and cooking your own food. It’s true that I enjoy my days when I am living on my own, I get more time in kitchen and I experiment new stuff and I love it. But then life as a whole is difficult when you’re alone and you have a dog who’s pampered like a baby.
My mom and me have over own styles of being in the kitchen and well we never get too well when we are in there. She always wants to take that alpha position and needless to say I can’t let her have that. I can never disagree to the fact that she’s a brilliant cook. So yesterday she tells me how she cooked this new dish for my cousins who stay in Sharjah. Apparently they visited this restaurant there Malabar Thattukada, and they had a dish that goes by the name Chicken Kanthari Spicy, well Kanthari here refers to the Bird’s Eye Chilli and when my mom had it she thought of trying to recreate the dish. Well then this is her version of the Kanthari Spicy Chicken and hope you guys try it and like it as well. And PS. this is super spicy and if you’re the weak heart this dish is definitely not for you.
- Boneless Chicken
- 5-6 medium size onions (finely chopped)
- Ginger (finely chopped)
- Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 Coconut scraped
- Kanthari (Bird’s Eye Chilli 4-5)
- 1/2 Tomato (finely chopped)
- Chilli Flakes
- 6-7 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Corriander powder
- Curry Leaves
- Cumin seeds
- Sunflower Oil/Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Cut the chicken into small dices and put on to the heat and add salt and pepper and let it cook for 3-4 mins.
- Take the chicken off the heat once the juices have dried out. Add some red chili powder and some lemon juice, mix it well and keep the chicken aside.
- Heat the oil and then add in the cumin seeds. Now add the 3/4 of the chopped onions and the chili, garlic and ginger. Add the curry leaves and some salt and saute it for 5-7 mins till the onions are well cooked.
- Now add the tomato an let it cook for another couple of minutes.
- Now add the chili powder, turmeric powder and the coriander powder and now put in the chicken and blend it well.
- Now add the scraped coconut and the chili flakes and mix it all together.
- Now keep it on medium heat and let it all come together for another couple of minutes. Add some more lemon juice.