If you look up for Indian chicken recipes, this has to be on the topmost of the list. The creamiest and the easiest dish to be made that goes well with naan or tandoori roti or rice or chapatti. This is a goto dish for me and my roommates when we want something to be done quickly and yet blow our minds. Well, 8/10 times we do not care much about the chicken marination but well I would suggest you focus a bit more on it and the results are even better.
- Chicken (Boneless cut into cube size)
- Tomato (2 medium sized)
- Onions (2-3 medium sized)
- Turmeric powder (2 tsp)
- Red chili powder (3-4 tbsp)
- Ginger garlic paste (2 tbsp)
- Chicken Masala/Garam Masala (2-3 tbsp)
- Lemon juice (2-3 tbsp)
- Heavy Cream
- Put the chicken in a bowl and add salt, turmeric powder (1tsp), chili powder (2 tbsp), ginger garlic paste (1 tbsp), Chicken masala (1 tbsp), yogurt, lemon juice.
- Keep this aside for at least 20-30 minutes.
- In a hot pan add butter and some oil, add the onions.
- Once the onions have turned translucent, add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the remaining chili, turmeric, and chicken masala. Also, add some salt to taste.
- Take it off the heat and blend it into a fine paste.
- Add the paste back to the pan and cook it for 2 minutes and add the marinated chicken to the pan.
- Cook it for 5 minutes and then add water to cover the chicken. Cook for another 10 – 15 minutes.
- Now add the heavy cream and cook for another minute.