Finally I can say I did my first day of Ketonic diet by consuming only 14 gms of carbohydrates today. Well, the recipe I actually referred involved Salmon and that is one fish that’s hard to find in Indian markets unless you specially order for them. So I replaced the salmon with King Mackerel. I just loved what I had and I love the few improvisations I made with the recipe.
- 200 gms. King Mackerel
- 60 ml Mayonnaise
- Fresh Cream
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp Paprika powder
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Butter or olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Season the king mackerel with salt and pepper and place in a greased baking dish.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce, Paprika and shredded cheese in a bowl.
- Spread the mix on the fish fillets.
- Bake the king mackerel in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until done.
- Saute the spinach in butter until it shrinks a bit and season it with salt & pepper.
- There will be some juices left off the spinach, add some of the mayonnaise mix into it and some fresh cream and reduce it further to a very good consistency.
- Place the fish fillet over a bed of spinach and then pour in the sauce over the fish and serve immediately.