Oh yes!! I am back to my creative self!! I would like to justify my absence but then I did most of my weeping in my previous post and I really don’t wish to carry on with the whining in every post. Like always this recipe is again a Gordon Ramsay inspired and a must try for anyone who loves Italian food. And if you’re a pasta lover and you’re tired of the usual cheese sauce this is definitely gonna bring in something new to your plate.
- Spaghetti Pasta
- Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil
- Tabasco sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- In a pan, add some olive oil and then throw in the chopped onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the onions are slightly cooked, add the finely chopped garlic.
- Add the tabasco sauce, now you have to remember that tabasco sauce is what is gonna add the kick to this dish and well I love my food extra spicy so I was generous while using the sauce.
- Now add in a couple of tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce (well in the video I am still very unclear if Gordon Ramsay said Worcestershire sauce, either way, I just decided to go ahead with it and well I didn’t end up getting anything that tasted funny.
- Let it cook for a couple of minutes and add vodka. Gordon does say very precisely to use a couple of spoons of vodka but then I couldn’t find my spoon or what I just poured in 250ml of vodka in.
(When you add any alcohol there’s a good chance that this could happen, do not panic just blow at it and it instantly goes away. You don’t need to use a fire extinguisher and well definitely you don’t need to call the fire brigade)
- Finally, add in chopped tomatoes and some water and let it simmer on a low heat for 7-8 minutes.
- For the crunchy topping, in a pan add little olive oil and breadcrumbs. Make sure you don’t use an excess of olive oil because you want your breadcrumbs to be crunchy, not soggy. Add some chopped parsley and keep them on medium-high heat for 3-4 mins stirring continuously to avoid them from getting burned.
- For the pasta, bring water to the boil and add some salt and 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and then add in your linguine. Once the linguine is soft at the bottom, gently turn them around. Always wait for the linguine to get soft in that way you won’t break them. Allow it cook for 8-10 mins and then drain it in a colander and shake off any excess water.
- Now add the linguine into the sauce and mix it all well and finally serve it with the bread crumbs on the top