This month has been really innovative for me having tried ingredients I haven’t ever tried before and trying dishes I have never tasted before. So I have been browsing excessively for new recipes that interest me and that’s how ended up spotting up this one. Just when I had ordered all the ingredients online (bigbasket.com) it’s really tough finding certain things in my locality but thanks to them I really do not have to worry about those really little things anymore. I fine evening I went out for drinks with a couple of my friends and me met at Rude Lounge (I will review this place soon but I will visit them again before doing that) and I saw stragonoff on the menu and I had to try it. So we ordered and then there were like 10 odd people diving into one plate of chicken stragonoff served with a portion of rice. And I have to say it felt heaven. I knew right then I have to make this. Last weekend few of my friends were gonna join me for dinner so I thought why not cook some stragonoff and I took my first attempt on it. Like every amateur I stuck to the recipe not intending to try anything out of the box. But I would share my second attempt where in I twisted things a little bit. And I would say my second attempt was better than my first one.
- Boneless Chicken (Sliced to thin strips)
- Brandy/White Wine/worcestershire sauce (I used brandy, I just love the idea of alcohol in my food)
- Onion peeled and thinly sliced
- Chicken stock
- All purpose flour
- Sour cream
- Fresh cream
- Olive oil
- In a pan put in some olive oil and added couple of cubes of butter. Wait for the butter to melt down and now add in the chicken strips. Cook till the chicken loses its pink shade and is fairly cooked.
- Now remove the chicken off the heat and keep it separate.
- Add a couple of more butter on to the pan and now add in the sliced onions.
- Cook the onion till they are translucent. Now throw in he mushrooms. Wait for them to ooze out the water and just then add the paprika and the brandy and and remember to keep the heat low and let it simmer for like just a minute.
- Add the flour to absorb some of that liquid.
- Add chicken stock and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Every recipe and every video I have browsed through to understand this recipe they call this the hero of the dish. Time to add the sour cream. For some reason I wasn’t content with the sour cream alone so I thought of adding the fresh cream as well which gave me a different consistency altogether and I loved it and so did my colleagues at work who had it for lunch with me.
- Add a little more of chicken stock and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Last add in some chopped chives.